Friday, January 2, 2015

Archiving Planner Pages

It's that time of year again when a lot of us are starting a new planner, and if you use a ring-bound planner system, it can be a challenge to figure out what to do with the old pages.  Personally, I like to keep mine.   Not only do they serve as a record of my life, I like to leaf through them every once in a while, and sometimes I need to refer back to something in an old planner.   Here's how I manage to archive my pages:





Storing the Pages
Since starting with Filofax in 2012, I've been creating an archive book using binder rings.  I create new dividers that mirror whatever sections I had in my planner that year and add the pages to the appropriate section. It makes it easy to flip through them, while still keeping everything together. Plus it's fun to see all of your pages and memorabilia together in one chunky book at the end of the year.

Referring back
I keep a running list of important dates throughout the year, and I also keep a contents page of all of my notes.  Then at the end of the year, I type this into Evernote.  This makes it easy to search for a note or important event later if I need to.  If it's something I know I'll refer to often, I'll either type up the note, or take a picture of it and store it in Evernote.

Do you archive your planner pages?  If so I'd love to hear about your archive system!



2 comments:

  1. I use binder clips instead of rings to archive sheets of paper, but it's the same theory. I just like that the binder clips stack evenly. Still, I am intrigued by the rings.

    http://giftieetcetera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't keep many old pages, but I'd definitely use these binder rings, if I did.
    Thanks for sharing how you archive your ones :)

    ReplyDelete