Friday, July 25, 2014

Filofax Flex Setup for Work


I can't believe I've been using my flex for work with the same setup for about five months!  The system is working really well for me, but I'm getting antsy to change my setup.  So I decided I would share my current setup first.

                  

I'm using the Filofax A5 Leather Flex Lizard Print in the color blackcurrant.  When the binder is closed I wrap a Martha Stewart fabric elastic band around it.  I've traveled with it this way several times  and it keeps everything nice and secure.


I have three notebooks in the Flex...


  • Franklin Covey Compass Weekly Classic - This is 8.5" x 5.5", so I had to trim the back cover slightly for it to fit in the flex.  I need to be able to report my time, by project, each week.  So I track my time throughout the day, then highlight time spent on each project with a different color.  It makes it very easy to report hours at the end of each week.  It also has a month on two page calendar where I track business travel, deadlines, project deployments, and paid time off. There is a monthly task list where I track accomplishments for the month.
  • I use an A5 notebook for random jots and to take notes during meetings.  I use lots of sticky flags to mark projects or important notes.  After I finish a notebook, I archive the pages in a Staples mini binder.   That way I can always go back and find any notes, if I need to, without having a ton of notebooks hanging around.  I go through a notebook about every 2-3 months. Important meetings and notes get typed up and stored electronically.
  • Lastly I'm using a Filofax Flex A5 Thin Ruled Notebook to track my To Dos. It's a very similar system to what I wrote about here


I also have a Flex pen loop that holds my new favorite pen, the Pentel EnerGel Pearl Needle Tip (0.5) with black liquid gel ink.


Thanks for Reading,
Tonya

Follow me on Bloglovin'
Follow me on Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment